Don’t want to do any work for the moving out of apartment? Full-service of our moving company can handle all tasks related to your moving, so you can sit back and relax and see the to-do list reduced without having to lift your fingers. This is a good choice for those who don’t want to take on a huge moving job and want to move into new apartment same day, or those who cannot complete the moving task alone for some reason. Although it is certainly not the cheapest option, the amazing convenience provided by our moving company is almost always worth it.
What are the nuances of moving from (to) the apartment?
For the local moves, that are based on the hourly rate, it is very important to be prepared and to provide all the needed information and details to your movers in advance. It is difficult to ask all the details on the line so each customer should know, what are the most important questions to answer:
- What is the parking situation round your building?
- Is it possible to reserve a parking spot
- What floor you are at? Are there elevators or just stairs?
- It is always better to provide full inventory list with pictures
- Any heavy or bulky items to move?
- If there are some extra fragile items like art works or glass items, it is better to mention them from the very beginning
- Any entrance issues?
- Please double check with the building management if they require an additional COI
What Comes Included With Every Move
What exactly our movers do?
- Supplying all packing materials and supplies. No need to go to the store endlessly to buy boxes, packaging tape, paper and bubble wrap. We will provide everything you need for moving, including transportation supplies such as furniture blankets and other fillings.
- Packing up your belongings. Packaging is one of the most difficult and time-consuming parts of moving, but not necessarily so. We will pack the entire house for you through well-trained packers, who can safely pack your belongings, and this may be just a small part of your own hands-on time. We can also professionally and safely pack fragile and valuable items, such as glass and artwork.
- Furniture disassembly. Trek Movers will ensure that all your large, awkward and/or heavy furniture arrive at your final destination intact. Part of this involves disassembling the furniture partially or fully as needed (and reassembling when needed).
- Truck loading and unloading. Let the heavy work be left to professionals. After packing up the house, a we will safely load everything onto the truck, including all electrical appliances that you carry with you. When you arrive at your new home, we will also unload the truck.
- Transporting your belongings. Whether you are moving on the streets or across the country, we will carry your luggage for you. When your items arrive, you will be provided with a delivery window, so you only need to concentrate on receiving the goods.
- Unpacking. We will not only pack up your apartment, we can also unpack it for you. While you focus on other tasks related to items and furniture placement, we will ensure that everything goes where it’s supposed to. You provide guidance and we will handle the task on our own.
- Disposal of packing materials. This may leave you with dozens (or hundreds!) of cardboard boxes that need to be recycled, as well as other materials that need to be disposed of properly (from plastic wrap to packaging peanuts). Our company can ensure that all items are disposed of in the correct manner, and after unpacking all items, the remaining mess will be completely dealt with.
How much will cost to move this way?
As you might expect, the cost of hiring the apartment movers to complete all of the above tasks is higher than the cost of hiring movers to perform only one or two of them. Our customer support team can help you calculate an approximate estimate based on the number you own and the distance you move. Ultimately, the more assistance you want or need, the more you will have to pay. Your final price will depend on:
- How many movers you require
- How much stuff you have
- How far the movers will need to travel
- Whether or not you require packing materials
- What tasks the movers do for you
- The time of year you move (rates are often higher for the most popular days, times, and seasons to move, as well as on holidays)
How much time will a full service move take?
Packing and moving yourself may take days or even weeks to complete. With Trek Movers you will have a fixed timetable and can better understand the time from start to finish. The schedule will include:
- Estimate and planning time. In order to provide you with the most accurate estimate, we will send someone to your home to take an overall inventory of the items there. Please plan a few days for this, as you may not be able to get an appointment for the on-site estimate for the day. The on-site estimate itself takes about an hour.
- Packing and furniture disassembly. Having a small number of well-trained packers means that your items are prepared for transportation much faster than you can. For example, a three-bedroom apartment will require about 3-4 hours of full service to fully pack your belongings.
- Loading and unloading. Getting everything on and off the truck is actually one of the simpler tasks. Taken together, the loading and unloading time should not exceed one hour or two.
- Unpacking. If you would like our movers to unpack your belongings after moving into a new apartment, you can count on approximately the same amount of time as it took to pack up.
You also need to consider the transportation time, which depends on how far your mover must travel.